This demo integrates Google’s ARCore with HOOPS Visualize for mobile. This powerful mobile CAD viewer can place 3D assemblies in real space anchored to physical locations.
ARCore uses the mobile hardware to find points on a plane and then fit a plane to those points. Once a plane is identified, a touch event anchors the model in the real world.
Code for this demo, the Android AR Sandbox, is found within the HOOPS Visualize SDK and is available to evaluate free for 60-days.
Try it out:
- Download and install Google Play Services for AR onto your device
- Make sure third-party apps are allowed on your device.
- Go to Menu > Settings > Security > and check Unknown Sources to allow your phone to install apps from sources other than the Google Play Store.
- Newer versions of Android do things a little differently. Rather than check a global setting to allow installation from unknown sources, you'll be prompted to allow your browser or file manager to install APKs the first time you attempt to do so.
- Download the Labs project (arcore_sandbox.apk) to your device.
- Browse to the downloaded location and tap to install the application.
- diskbrake_with_materials.hsf model fails to load.
- UI buttons labeled 1-4 don't work (intended). These are provided in the sandbox source code to insert your own user code. Request an evaluation of HOOPS Visualize and use Android Studio to create a variant of the sandbox application.
Current Build: HOOPS Visualize 2020 (Preview)